The first step in creating a content marketing funnel is to create the actual content. The type of content you need to create depends on how aware the prospect is of their problem, and how keen they are for your solution. Knowing your target audience well is key to knowing what content is needed.
The initial content at the top of the marketing funnel should primarily educate your audience, but it may also entertain them. This is the point where people enter your funnel, so it must contain strong hooks.
The content can consist of:
- Blog Posts
- Social Media Posts
Once created, you need to distribute your content far and wide in order to reach as many of your prospects as possible. Social media networks provide a fast, easy, and effective distribution method, as almost every person between the ages of 18 and 65 in the developed world have at least one social media profile. Likewise, with more people using smartphones to access social networks, the market continues to grow. People share interesting, humorous, and valuable information freely with their networks, thus providing free marketing across a global audience on your behalf. All you need to do is to create insightful, shareable content and share it to the right places.
Which social networks to use depends on your ideal customers’ demographics and where they congregate online.
Of course there’s Facebook, the 800-pound gorilla of social networking with 1.59 billion monthly users, but there are many other social networking sites, too.
The social sites that MOBE publishes to daily include:
- Plus a number of private groups for members
Manage Social Media Easily with Hootsuite
Let’s face it—social media marketing can be a full time job—and it often is. But as a small business owner, you may not have time to:
- Review your social media marketing campaign
- Create posts
- Schedule posts
- Research trends
- Measure analytics
- Tweak campaigns
Instead of trying to cope with all these tasks daily, set aside a morning once a month to strategize and create your posts for the month ahead, and then let Hootsuite do the rest of the heavy lifting for you.
Hootsuite is a social media management system that enables you to publish content to many social platforms at once. You can schedule posts in advance for specific dates, or for auto-optimized times. It also helps the monitoring of comments and engagements from a central place, which can save you significant amounts of time. Here’s how:
Step 1: Create A Hootsuite Account
- Open Hootsuite and click Sign Up in the top-right corner, or sign in with one of your social profiles.
- Click Get Started below the plan type that fits your needs. (You can manage up to three social network profiles with Hootsuite Free.)
Step 2: Add Social Networks
With Hootsuite, many social networks can be added. The ones we use in MOBE are: Facebook (both pages and groups), Instagram, Flickr, Twitter and LinkedIn (personal and group).
- In the Hootsuite Dashboard, select Streams from the Launch menu.
- Click Add Social Network, select a social network from the list, click Connect and authorize your accounts to connect to the dashboard.
- See ‘Add Social Networks on Hootsuite’ for more details.
Step 3: Set Up Tabs and Streams
Now that you’ve added social networks to your dashboard, setup Streams for each one to monitor the newsfeed and messages. Each social network offers unique stream types. Use tabs to organize your streams into groups.
- Select Streams from the Launch menu.
- Click Add Tab in the top-left corner, give it a name, and then press ENTER.
- Inside each tab, click Add Stream.
- Select a social network from the list on the left, and then select a Profile from the drop-down list.
- Click the Streams you want to add for that profile.
Step 4: Publish Content
We publish our new articles from Mobe.com in the social networking sites as fresh content.
- In Hootsuite, select the profiles that will post the message from the Social Profile Picker (top-left).
- Click Compose Message, paste your URL in the Add Link section, and click shrink. This will add a shortened link to the message area.
- Then enter your message (the article headline or a summary) in the compose box.
- Double check the spelling and grammar and then click Auto Schedule.
You will see the scheduled posts in the Streams for each Social Network, or in the Publisher window of Hootsuite (see image).
This is an example of a post published to MOBE’s Facebook page via Hootsuite.
To visit the actual post on Facebook, click here.